Volley & Bayonet Detailed Description
The rule book is a beautiful glossy 90 page full size booklet. It is broken
down into two main sections: Basic Rules & Scenarios. Designers notes, an question and answer section and some quick reference pages are also included.
The Game Turn Sequence
Each side alternates taking turns. The turn's sequence of play is identical
for each side, consisting of five phases:
- Command Determination Phase -- Players check to see which units are within the command control radius of their commander(s). Units out of command are
marked as such and suffer movement and morale penalties in following phases.
- Maneuver Phase -- Players move units, including those
closing to combat contact. Units are allowed one free facing
change after which they may only move straight or obliquely. An additional
facing change can be made by forfeiting 1/2 the units movement. Units may
- Rally Phase -- Units with attached leaders may rally from rout.
- Morale Phase -- Units in combat contact check morale.
- Combat Phase -- Units in combat contact or artillery and skirmishers in range conduct melee combat and fire combat.
Volley and Bayonet page written and maintained by:
Allan Wright -- email@example.com
If you have additional information or corrections, please e-mail me.
Last update: 12 May 1995